Name: Ashley "AJ" James
Ethnicity: African American
Location: Atlanta, GA
Booking Info: AshleyAJ01@gmail.com
1. What was your reasons for getting into modeling? Many get into it for the money, which is good, but my initial reason I started modeling was because I love that you get exposure just to show off your unique look, features, and style.
2. Who are your biggest influences? I can't specify a handful of people, I feel that I am influenced by my drive and my want to take it to the next level.
3. What are your goals for your modeling career? Just like any model, you want to be known. I want for people to look at me and say, "That's AJ."
4. IF you can change anything about the way models are viewed and used what would it be? A lot of people may look at an ass shot of a model or a seductive, extremely sexy pose and assume the worst, thinking that the model is "out there" but most models aren't like that. Most of them have a good head on their shoulders, are in school, have regular jobs, etc. Not all models are ditz...don't let the sexiness confuse you.
5. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now with your career? I hope that I will be a known face and by that time I would like to help other models achieve their goals.
6. How does your mate feel about you modeling? SINGLE SINGLE SINGLE, but if I was to have someone on my side, they will have to understand what I do.
7. Do you feel like models should be paid to shoot or that models should pay their photographers? A lot of photographers do not get the credit that they deserve. I agree that models should get paid and models should pay the photographer. If a photographer is asking to shoot you then you shouldn't have to pay, but if you are wanting to set up a shoot between you and a photographer then you should pay. Always give credit to the people who you did a shoot with.
8. Growing up what did you want to be? Growing up I always knew I would be into computer technology, which is what my "9-5" job is IT.
9. What are your fears? On an emotional view, being alone. On a physical view, I am so afraid of bridges!
10. Do you think being with a celebrity romantically will help your career? No, I think me being me will help my career.
11 Do you think and feel black models get a bad reputation in the industry? These days, I do not believe that black models as a whole get a bad rep, I believe that "one black model" gets a bad reputation. You are in control of your actions at all times. What you give is how people will perceive.
12. How do your parents feel about you modeling? My mother loves it! She still gives me that eye and says be careful, but she loves all the work.
13. What are your pet peeves? M pet peeves are people who don't give a f*ck. In more detail, people who don't care about their appearance, breathe, body odor, etc.
14. What is the worst pick up line you have ever heard? "Girl is that Windex in your pants, because I can see myself in them!" WTF? lol
15. What advice would you give to a person that wanted to be a model? Be confident, its sexy. Know that you look good and be careful. Always ask questions and get advise from people who do model.
16. Would you ever consider picking up the check on a first date? Yes, I love paying on the first date. It shows that we don't live in the 1940s anymore and that its not always about the man doing everything..... If we can vote, join the military, not be a housewife, then we can pick up the check on the first date and other dates to follow.
17. What is something about you that you would change. I can be overly aggressive and assertive sometimes. I'm calming down on it, but other than that...NOTHING!
18. What attracts you to a man? I love confidence. Looks are great, but to be confident, not cocky that's sexy.
19. How many dates would you have to go on with a man in order to feel comfortable enough to have sex with him? If I feel comfortable on the first date, then it will happen. If I don't feel comfortable until the 20th date, then it will happen then. I don't put a timestamp on intimacy. Once the feeling is there and mutual and both are comfortable then I'm with it.
20. What is the first thing you notice about a man when you see him? Lips and Smile.
Hey everyone, first I’d like to give much love to Block Dymez Magazine for this interview and giving me this opportunity, love you all. I tried to keep it PG ;) !! To the readers much love to you all and thanks for supporting me. You guys are the best!! If you didn't get enough of the interview or if you would like to see more pictures or just read what I am doing with my exciting life then add me on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ashleyaj01), Model Mayhem (www.modelmayhem.com/772309), and Twitter (www.twitter.com/AshleyAJ1LTL). Hugs and Kisses. XOXO – AJ.